How to plant our seed bombs?
Growing wildflowers with our seed bombs is easy as, Plant, Water, and watch the flowers Flourish!
- Sow direct where they are to grow.
- Firmly press down, water gently and keep moist through germination period.
- Flowers will bloom anywhere between 1-3 months after planting.
Best practice flower care:
- Choose a warm, sunny, well-drained position sheltered from wind.
- Keep free from weeds and well watered.
- Use stakes to support flowers when under stress from wind and harsh conditions.
- Apply organic fertiliser regularly.
Our planting tips
- Position in full sun
- Sow depth 12mm
- Germination in 10-14 days
- Plant space - 30-60cm apart
- Plant height - 30cm - 1.5m
- Flowers in 12 weeks
- There are mixed seeds in each bomb that suit cool, warm & hot conditions.
How to use Hello Seedling Flower & Plant Support Stakes:
1. Insert the Stake: Gently push the stake into the ground next to the plant that needs support, making sure it's stable and secure.
2. Tie it Up: Gently secure the plant to the stake by using a it around the plant. Some great options include twist ties, twine, and fabric strips.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of seeds are in each seed bomb?
Our Wildflower Seed Bombs are filled with a complementing variety of 2-5 colourful flower seeds that will brighten up any garden or pot.
Flower varieties found in our Wildflower collection include:
Butterfly Attraction - Cosmos, Lupin and Love-in-a-Mist
Blooming Wildflowers - Poppy, Cornflower and Foxglove
Feast for Bees - Sunflower, Scarlet Sage and Purple Poppies.
Hello Daisy Meadow - Australian Native Cotton
Heads, Strawflower, Everlastings and Paper Daisy seeds.
What Exactly Are Seed Bombs?
Seed bombs are small clusters made of compost, clay and wildflower seeds.
Seeds will stay dormant in the bomb until the conditions are right for healthy germination. Rain will slowly disintegrate the bomb, leaving cute little seedlings ready for life as a big beautiful flower.
How to use Seed Bombs?
Growing wildflowers in our seed bombs is easy as, Plant, Water, and watch the flowers Flourish!
It’s always best to place seed bombs in a soiled area with limited debris preventing the seedlings from finding sturdy ground. Water the seed bomb for the first 7 days to make sure the seedlings don’t dry out. After the seedlings are about 5cm tall, you can reduce watering them to only when they need to drink so they become conditioned to the natural environment.
Flowers will bloom anywhere between 1-3 months after planting.
Where do the seedball ingredients come from?
We hand roll each ball in Stratford, Victoria. We source all our ingredients locally to Gippsland.
What time of the year should seed bombs be planted?
What makes seed bombs really cool, is that the mixed variety of seeds ensures a
diverse array of flowers will grow and bloom throughout the year.
A lot of our seeds thrive being planted over the cooler seasons, so they have the
cooler season to grow well and establish a good root system before flowering in
spring and summer.
For Cool Season growing, our seed bombs contain seeds such as: Everlasting
Daisies (Hello Daisy), Cornflower (Blooming Wildflower), Scarlet Sage (Feast
for Bees), and Love-in-a-Mist (Butterfly Attractor).
For Warm Season growing, our seed bombs contain seeds such as: Strawflower
(Hello Daisy), Foxglove (Blooming Wildflower), Sunflower (Feast for Bees), and Cosmos (Butterfly Attractor).